Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

---> How to control Graphic LCD's ? <---

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hello everybody, i had some problems accessing the forum and i don't know why, but here i am.

I need some informations concerning Graphic LCD's, do they have some standard like the Character ones ???

Well i recently acquired one (a friend gave it to me), but how you imagine it can be frustating when we have such a nice device and don't know how to start :(.
Here is were you enter :lol: , if you know how to use this fantastic devices help the other starting by me
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Graphic LCD information:
(See the picture too :D )

Picvue Electronics, LTD (Manufactoring Company, Taiwan)
STN Gray

OutLine: 93.0x70.0x14.7;
View Area: 66.5x33.24;
Driving Method (Duty): 1/64;
Interface: 20 Pins;
Pixel Area: 128x64;
V DD: 5V;
V LCD: 12V;
DC/DC Convert: Yes;
Built-in Controler: No;
BackLight Type: EL.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not color but it's nice anyway, tell me how can i use it, and their comunication protocols and the datasheet if you can too.

Well, thank you for your time.

Attachments

• LCD-Pixel.jpg
    LCD-Pixel.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,137
Hello Mr. Nigel and All, i've seen the page and has i had eard the CONTRAST needs NEGATIVE voltage but my LCD has DC-DC converter, that means that it can support positive/negative right ??
And it is better to have it's datasheet before trying to use they are very delicated and i don't whant to mess it up, i allready went to the manufactors page but those silly hill billys only have the sales and sales contacts on the damn page and no development zone (how they expect the others start using their LCD's ?? Perhaps with witchcraft we can guess the pin outs and protocols :lol: :lol: ).
Anyway help me find the datasheet please that is the more important i can try to guess the protocols :lol: but the pin outs is crucial i don't want to burn it :lol: .
Thank you all for the time spent, goodbye.

Lucky You, I wish I was able to find that type of data when I have an unkown LCD :roll: :

1 Vss,
2 Vdd, +5
3 Vo,
4 DI (RS),
5 R/W, H - , L -
6 Е, H -> L
7 - 14 D0 - D7,
15 CS1, #1
16 CS2, #2
17 Reset,
18 Vee, -10V
19 LED A, +4,2 V
20 LED К,

Part Number : PVG120602EGE

Outline Dimension : 93.0x70.0x14.7
W x H x T (mm)

Viewing Area WxH (mm) :70.7x38.8

Active Area (mm) :66.52x33.24
Driving Method (Duty) :1/64

Interface
:20Pins
VDD/VLCD (Volt) :5V/12.7V
DC /DC (Convert) :YES

Build-in controller :NO
Back light type : EL
LCD Type :STN Gray

I am sorry but my russian isn't very good!!!!! Here is the **broken link removed**,so I let you translate that :lol: .But you can tell what is what, check attached files as well. Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and chose Russian to English then in the "Translate a Web page" put **broken link removed**

Have fun this weekend!!!! 8)

Ivancho

Attachments

• g_lcd2lpt.gif
    g_lcd2lpt.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,595
  • pvg120602_back.jpg
    pvg120602_back.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,068
HEHEHEHE you are good i wish i was able to find things as you can, :lol:,
anyway where did you find it ? here at this forum ?
I've also had done my search here too, strange.

I am sorry but my russian isn't very good!!!!! Here is the link,so I let you translate that .But you can tell what is what, check attached files as well. Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and chose Russian to English then in the "Translate a Web page" put **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back