Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control appliance using sms? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlumanta

hi im a computer engineering student. i really need your help on how to control appliances using a cellphone through sms.

cp1--cp signal--cp2--CPU--relay--appliances

my problem is on how to construct a circuit,. my email is mlumanta@yahoo.com

ur help is highly appreciated. tnx

You have provided very little information with which to work with. You will probably need a circuit to interface the output of cp2 to the input of the CPU and you will need a separate circuit to interface the CPU through the relay to the appliance.

Since appliance switching involves working with lines voltages which are dangerous for the novice, I recommend that you use an off-the-shelf appliance control module between the CPU and the appliance.

What is the nature of the interface available from cp2? What kind of CPU are you using?

You can use Nokia 3310/3315 type of cell phones which have F-Bus interface. F-Bus is nothing but RS232 interface with Nokia's own software protocol whose specifications can be found in the internet. Hook-up an 8-bit microcontroller like PIC/8051 to the F-BUS data cable.
Whenever SMS is received by the phone, it is also sent to F-BUS in an encoded data frame. Your uC should decode it and check if message is valid command to control any device on/off. Then turn the relay connected to uC on/off.

So for this you can use any uC which has serial interface. You can find plenty of schematics in the internet like this https://www.oz1bxm.dk/PIC/628uart.htm
Connect Relay to any GPIO pin of PIC through transistor and your circuit is done. Now all you need is to write software to decode message and turn your appliances on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back