Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control a remote control toy car through printer port

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiraj

I am doing a project that includes a section in which I have to control
a remote control toy car through PC with printer port.My problem is that
how to replace the button clicking events of remote control by +5v and 0v voltage from printer port i.e how to interface remote control and PC through printer port.Please give me some idea.

I am doing a project that includes a section in which I have to control
a remote control toy car through PC with printer port.My problem is that
how to replace the button clicking events of remote control by +5v and 0v voltage from printer port i.e how to interface remote control and PC through printer port.Please give me some idea.

Alright start with the joystick(commanding unit) you have.Open it and look at the circuit.you press some buttons to say the car "go left" or "go forward" etc. look at the circuit and the buttons what is changed when you press button observe it.Then take an ossiloscope and connect it to the antenna and observe if it is ASK or anything else.
About parallel port you can find lots of information on the web.But as preliminary buy a parallel port connector and some ribbon wires(ide wires in computers) and solder them to the connectors available pins.
then find a software written in the language that you want (it is very simple. www.programmersheaven.com has many)
and parallel port pins are important which pin will be connected to the commanding unit's button you will decide.Look at the parallel port pin descriptions from the web.
Good luck!
ps.my girlfriend is doing a project involving exactly same thing.she will direct a car to the patterns.using a camera above the pc and observing an area of patterns and tell the car to go to the selected pattern.

I'm working on project named pc based appliance controlling system using matlab programming.And i do not know how to go about it.

my project needs to process d image of maze n then send d direction to move to d car...
i hv d maze algo..bt image processing with matlab n den sending d signal needs n urgent help....
plz help...

I can offer you a keyboard with all of the keys functional. Then perhaps you can write a coherent problem statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back