Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control 9V motor with digital out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stamp_III

Hi !

I need help on this. I want a 9V DC motor to rotate FWD and REV using a digital out put,( i.e i have only two out put either 1 or 0. ) If I am not giving any input to motor I want it to be still. The problem is the output is always high or low so I can assign 1 for FWD and 0 for REV.

Or, let me put it this way, I am trying to control my RC car, which has one motor to control FWD and REV. How can i get three states of motor with Basic Stamp out. What kind of ckt is needed. :?:

Really appreciate if any one can help on this.

Thanks,
JAS

Stamp_III said:
Hi !

I need help on this. I want a 9V DC motor to rotate FWD and REV using a digital out put,( i.e i have only two out put either 1 or 0. ) If I am not giving any input to motor I want it to be still. The problem is the output is always high or low so I can assign 1 for FWD and 0 for REV.

Or, let me put it this way, I am trying to control my RC car, which has one motor to control FWD and REV. How can i get three states of motor with Basic Stamp out. What kind of ckt is needed. :?:

Really appreciate if any one can help on this.

It's called an 'h-bridge', there are a great many threads about them on these forums.

hi, here is a layout from a robot I'm about to make. Now I've got examinations so it'll be down for a while. I howe it's quite complete. I've already test it like it is now and it works perfect! offcourse there are some forbidden conditions --> you should ONLY use U1 and U4 OR U2 and U3.. not U1 and U3 or U2 and U4; in this case it's a shortcut. and if you use U1 and U2.. nothing happens ofcourse

but anyhow you should have some knowledge of H-bridges first to understand the workingproces.

The TC4427 (where you can easely find the datasheet from) is to answer on your question. when high on the input it outputs the VDD you attacheted it on

good luck!
greetzz

Attachments

• h-bridge2.gif
    h-bridge2.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,350
In your schematic...the top H-bridge isn't connected to ground. Just an observation.
~Mike

hehe, yes it isn't.. but the schematic isn't finished yet. It's just a quick drawing of how far my project is build. But thx to notice that :)

greetzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back