Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW to buy online solar motion detector LED Lights with NO Lumens ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that such things are quite difficult to buy, and it is not certain that it will be on eBay; you have to go to professional sellers or vice versa radio amateurs directly. Please don't consider it an advertisement, but this website might help. They contact the vendors, and maybe they can suggest something. Of course, most of the time they work with big companies, but you might get lucky.

Last edited:
WHAT is LUX? Online says, light intensity. How does that apply to motion sensor it has no control over how intense light is? I don't understand LUX?

Industrial lights are best, Lumens, volts, watts. I bought 4 industrial lights 7800 Lumens, 120 vac, 70 watts. Motion detectors that I already have are 2 years old, 2 went bad. I bought a new motion detector from California it has 3 adjustments instead of 2. I know SENS is sensitivity, TIME is timer, but what is LUX with picture of a moon? These lights are bright as the sun. Yard stay dark all night until we go out or someone drives up. I had to take wife to hospital 10 pm the other night I sure am glad I have these lights.

100_9387.JPG

100_9389.JPG

LED70w.jpg

Last edited:
WHAT is LUX? Online says, light intensity.
Like most outdoor PIR lamps or light switch, has a light sensor - the "lux" control sets sets the light level threshold that allows the PIR part to switch on the light, so it does not come on during the day when it's not needed.

Like most outdoor PIR lamps or light switch, has a light sensor - the "lux" control sets sets the light level threshold that allows the PIR part to switch on the light, so it does not come on during the day when it's not needed.

After more than an hour of online searching I learn LUX can be use in the middle of the day in full sun to set off a siren or loud bell or cameras. It can also prevent light from coming on in middle of the day.

There is NO circuit drawing. Which wire is 120 vac? Which wire is ground? Which wire goes to the light bulb? It has, brown, red, blue wires. My other PIV units have, black, white, red.

I may need to remove a motion sensor from the side of the house to figure out which wire is which. It might be easier to drive to Lowe's or Walmart remove motion detector from box to see which wires are which. I'm not sure without checking but I think red might go to the light bulb? Not sure about brown & blue wire.

I sent seller a message about circuit drawing they don't even know what that means. They keep asking for clarification. I ask which wire is 120v reply is, piv is 110v. I ask which wire is ground reply was, if you have any more questions we be glad to help. Idiots probably have no clue what they are selling.

There are only 3 wires, I can guess and figure it out but if first guess is wrong it might fry the unit.

" Idiots probably have no clue what they are selling."
Exactly. They sell unmarked junk because fools buy the junk from them.

By the way, brown = live, blue = neutral is the standard European color code, so this isn't an arbitrary decision by "idiots selling unmarked junk to fools."

I pray I never become so cynical of so many.

This motion detector unit has strange threads I have never seen 9 threads per inch measures almost 9/16" diameter. I had to make thread adaptor to convert it to 1/2" NPT. Threads might be metric? None of this was in the sales advertisement & no way to know thread size looking at a picture. This is no different than going to Walmart and asking what thread size is on something they sell, SALES people don't know they are only sales people. If I did not have tools the average person does not have someone else would have assembled this with JB Weld or Epoxy or maybe duct tape. My bad motion detector light is repaired & now ready to be installed. This was a learning experience and almost not worth $7 with free shipping.

Oh, I thought you didn't understand what connections to make. I'll save my 30 seconds of research in the future.

Oh, I thought you didn't understand what connections to make. I'll save my 30 seconds of research in the future.

There was several things I needed to know about this unit, no info in the online AD & no instructions came with the unit. First thing I noticed was wrong wire colors. I did not notice wrong thread size until later.

The US doesn't seem to want
There was several things I needed to know about this unit, no info in the online AD & no instructions came with the unit. First thing I noticed was wrong wire colors. I did not notice wrong thread size until later.

Actually, the wiring is according to the standard European color code. But the key point is that I found out the information with literally 30 seconds of Googling with nothing to go on but the picture you posted. A simple "thank you for finding it" would have been a nice token gesture.

This motion detector unit has strange threads I have never seen 9 threads per inch measures almost 9/16" diameter. I had to make thread adaptor to convert it to 1/2" NPT.
If you never saw 9 TPI how did you make the adapter?

If I did not have tools the average person does not have someone else would have assembled this with JB Weld or Epoxy or maybe duct tape

Or are you one of "those " people?

If you never saw 9 TPI how did you make the adapter?
Or are you one of "those " people?

I worked as a machinist, Tool & Die maker for several years & I have my own ChurchHill Lathe & BridgePort mill in the garage. My thread gauge said 9 so I set the lathe to cut 9 threads per inch. I miced the diameter then cut the threads to fit. Aluminum made this a very easy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back