Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to built laser range finder using 1550nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdfast9

hello everyone...:)

my letcurer ask me to design the range finder using the laser diode 1550nm..
which method i should use?
pulsed time of flight, triangulation, or phase shift.. or other method that i not mention..

hmmm..actually i dont have any idea how to start it..!:p
what should i do??:confused:

thanx..

You don't have to build it right? Because that's very hard and expensive since you need such fast circuitry.

The maximum range of the sensor usually determines the method used. Triangulation cheaper and easier is close range. Time of flight is long range (the lower the minimum distance the faster the circuitry must be, so it's possible but gets hard). I am not quite sure how phase shift works.

That's where to start. Try not to turn this into a do the project for me thread- we don't take too kindly to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back