Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add a LCD back light to small screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toy4crawlin

HI there, I am a newb here but do electronic project on small scale and my latest project involves a 2" x1.5 LCD screen that I wan to ad a back light to.
Without big modifications I dont have direct access to the immediate bottom or top edges of the glass just the sides and corners

What LED type and placement do I use to give light to the screen ?

Thank you so much for your help :)

This is a Remote control 2.4mhz that was a 6 channel stick controller for heli's and planes but I converted it into a Pistol grip (more common for land vehicles)

Before and after pics
**broken link removed**

95% completed
**broken link removed**

LCD screen on Rear of controller
**broken link removed**

This is what I want
YouTube - Spektrum DX6i with illuminated Display LED ORANGE

Last edited:
hi,
A strip LED in green or red, about 20mm or so long, used to be available for adding back lighting to LED displays.

If you add back lighting, your RC battery will have a shorter period between charging/replacing.

Google: adding led display backlighting
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back