Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(*)How to access USB pendrive using PIC18f4550?(**)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check post dates - this is nearly 2 years old .......

On another note, looking at the latest Microchip USB framework, there is code that allows the Microcontroller to be used as a host .....

But you will need a chip that supports USB OTG.
When I filtered the product line for USB, it listed only the PIC24 and PIC32 series as having USB OTG.

VINCULUM's VNC1L-1A is the ASIC(Application specific IC) IC for USB Host.Check the datasheet and i am sure u will understand.
In brief one can connect any microcontroller to VNC1L-1A via SPI,UART,Parallel FIFO interface.i am using a UART interface for the same and i have found it very easy.It's just like AT commands used for GSM modems.Using theirs simple command set one can acess all pen drives,usb hard drives,etc.(All BOMs which support FAT12,FAT16,FAT32 systems)

The MP3 link was interesting the first time but not the second of the third, sorry but by bumping old threads with your project, you're just spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back