Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

>> How to access SD card using PIC18f4550 ? <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamith20xx

hi all ... i am going a to build a mp3 player for my last year project by using pic18f4550 ...
what i am going to do is read mp3 files from SD ram and transfer them through STA013 mp3 decoder and transmit them through FM transmitter and capture that out put from FM radio and listen..

Now i am in a small trouble of accessing SD ram using 18f4550.. i am going to use this microcontroller because pic 18 series have more ram compare to 16 series..

i need the source cord of accessing SD memory card using pic microcontroller as soon as posible. If u can post C code it will be easy for me to handle also..

if u cant find c source code for that , feel free to tell me an accurate and step by step procedure of handling this issue by focusing th epic structure of pic18f4550..
:) :)

PLEASE HElP me to get put from this issue.. thanx...
Reagards
Chamith

I'd be surprised if someone just threw source code at you. IIRC an SD card is like talking on an SPI port except that the SD stands for secure digital and there may be some protocol to get past the security so to speak. The specs for SD are expensive to obtain and probably well beyond your means, or even mine for that matter. You might have more success with MMC cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_Card

As far as firmware you just configure the SPI port. Your processor does have one -- right? Then start reading bytes until you find what you want.

He might even be able to interface to SD cards with the MMC spec. I've done it. And there are several examples on the web. SD has additional stuff that isn't necessarily implemented.

Mike

Need quick help ...:(

upand_at_them said:
He might even be able to interface to SD cards with the MMC spec. I've done it. And there are several examples on the web. SD has additional stuff that isn't necessarily implemented.

Mike

Hi Mike and Papabravo,

Thanx for the information. Well i think i would be able to do with MMC card then since it would be easier.

Did u interface MMC card or SD card? Is there a specific difference between both of them. As far as i am concern both are identically the same. Well please explain the difference between them and what will be more easier to USE( rather interface).:) :)

Also i got a S/W call " Mikro c " which has all the functions regarding SD card interfacing. Will it be feasible to program MMC using "Mikro C" instead of using SD card?

Ur help is more appreciated..Thnx.. ;)

MMC and SD can the same spec. The project I did worked with both MMC and SD cards. Google "pic mmc" and you'll get all the examples that were helpful to me. I didn't read MP3 files, though. This will add a layer of complexity, but it can definitely be done.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back