Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much voltage will a pcb take

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmatt

Hi all this is my first post and might be a strange question but I have an idea for deplating circuit boards for recycling and I was wondering if you could put enough current through a pcb to melt the solder without burning out the pcb?

Last edited:
Hi all this is my first post and might be a strange question but I have an idea for deplating circuit boards for recycling and I was wondering if you could put enough current through a pcb to melt the solder without burning out the pcb?

Or you could just use a hot air gun...much more efficient than something exotic like running current through it to heat it up via current. BUt you use the world deplating...as in only copper left? No tin plating, nada? THat's much harder to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back