Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much current can I draw from the PS/2 port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i want to mount some leds on my keyboard to make it look cooler. i want to know how much power is available at the PS/2 port.
i checked the mainboard manual, and it doesn't say anithing. just that is protected by polyfuse.
anyone knows how much can i use? i think that 500mA is the limit.

On mine it says it can supply 500ma @ 5v. Also take in account the current needed to power the keyboard itself.

I put a array of high viewing angle leds under the my keys and the whole entire keyboard is blue. 8)

If i can find where i put my el cheapo digi-camera, yeah...

I also replaced the mouse wheel with a perspex one and and put lights behind it. Also changed the "laser" in the mouse to blue with a LED. I got a picture of this one somewhere...

Any keyboards I tested only used 80 - 120mA themselves (80 with the 3 indicator leds off, 120 with all 3 on). That leaves 380mA, enough to light a couple of Led's.

my keyboard has no leds, and it says on it that it draws maximum 20mA....anyway...i am not gonna put the leds, since the light doesn't pass trough ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back