Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is the economy in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a school teacher, and she has been worried about job security of late. A few hundred teachers in the SD school district have already been given the dreaded notice.

Now here is the kicker; many of the high schools in our area are upgrading the football fields to astro turf at a cost of 1 million. Oh and they are also adding sprinklers to cool the turf on hot days... WTF???

I noticed that Obama had an earphone. Not a hearing aid, it was part of a radio receiver.

I don't think he is listening to music. I think he is a puppet who says what the guys in the back room tell him to say.

If only bush had one considering some of his comments I see kicking around the net heh

Dividing by 0.401 would make it increase by 250%.:eek::eek::D

Mike.

Opps, right Mike and Mike.

normal working folks = 401K*.401
AIG, car manufactures, Big oil, state/gov people, etc = 401K/.401

I have been thinking for years that all US Presidents are puppets for a big crowd of crooks as Audioguru says. No matter if a Bush or an Obama, someone else is directing and not in the peoples best interest. Looks like they just took a bit too must and now have to figure out how to fix it.

Have we ran out of oil yet?

Mike

At least he listens to the voice in the ear piece! Bush just thought it was god telling him what to do and say. :eek:
Some days I think bush had some college age interns giving him the audio prompts, And they were punking him some times too! Just to see if he would actualy repeat what they said to him. :eek:
What do you think? AM I very far off on that assumption? :D

This sounds as good as guess as any for that guy. I have not been as embarrassed by a president since that day his daddy puked on the prime minister of Japan.

I hear that the CEOs from Enron, AIG, etc are looking for work. :eek:

So what makes you think they are real business men? I think the current state of the Nation has proven they are NOT that. :rolleyes:

A business person with no political ties and a track record. Maybe that rules out all of them? Keep Bill Gates away please, I still deal with his crap everyday.

But it seems you have to look good or have a major appeal to get in that office. No idea how GW got in there, but I did enjoy it when he talked.

Nookler weapons. :D

I just think it's strange when I hear the statement, "I think the country should be run like a business". The sole purpose of a business is to make a profit, period. If it happens to turn out a good product and employ people, that is a side effect of making a profit. A business is a sociopathic entity which puts profit ahead of people/employees. A country's government is a social entity and is there for the good of the people. For example, if we took the business model of dealing with old age security, you'd be shot when you reached age of 65.
Nookler weapons.
GW, with his speech impediment, was fun to listen to until you realized he was a puppet of Dick Cheney, etc.

I think the president must be more versatile than strictly business, the president must wear many hats.

Wear a baseball hat to throw out the first pitch of a MLB baseball game.
A Gift wrappers hat to cut a ribbon in a commencement ceremony.
A chef's hat when cutting through the bull.

More importantly they must be a lawmaker as they attempt to create a fair and just nation. They must be politicians as the wrong word can start a war. They must have a business mind, and hire people that can run a business, a poor economy is just bad business. Indeed the president has many hats, most notable hat was worn by Lincoln... :)

I just think it's strange when I hear the statement, "I think the country should be run like a business". The sole purpose of a business is to make a profit, period. If it happens to turn out a good product and employ people, that is a side effect of making a profit. A business is a sociopathic entity which puts profit ahead of people/employees. A country's government is a social entity and is there for the good of the people. For example, if we took the business model of dealing with old age security, you'd be shot when you reached age of 65.

GW, with his speech impediment, was fun to listen to until you realized he was a puppet of Dick Cheney, etc.

Most good business people are not generally young people. But our social system here ran by the Government I think has proved itself at this time. AIG looses money, hey, let's give them more.

Send Ford money to get car sales up? How about send tax payers a check that can only be used on a new Ford car

BTW: My Ford was just towed to my mechanic about 1 hour ago.

Saddly this is our own fault! Too many americans have an "Its not my responibility" attitude towards almost everything! Its a dangerous and selfish attitude to have.
If you dont watch who and what go's on around you that eventualy has a very bad end result that is not in your favor! :eek:

There was a time in this countries history when it was considered and honerable and very nessisary part of life to take a direct participation in how your society was ran. If a bad mayor was elected for your town he got the boot or worse! If a local business was corrupt and crooked it got ran out of town too! If a business was just poorly ran someone would start a competing business and run them out too! ;)

Now we blindly elect whoever looks good on camera and never actauly check to see if they are a good person or are actualy qualifed to do the job. We just say "That's not MY responsibility!" :eek: :mad:
If a business is corrupt and crooked we just say, We know your corrupt and crooked and something should be done about it but "That's not MY responsibility"! :eek::mad:
If a business is poorly ran and cant stand on its own instead of encouraging compitition and actualy getting better products for less we just give them more money and say; wWe dont like your junk, we dont like how you do things and someone really should do something about it but "That's not MY responsibility!" :eek::mad:

Our inaction and passing our resonsibility onto others is what got us where we are at now! :(:mad:

You reap what you sew. You did not participate in who was being ellected and how the government and big business were ran and now look what you are getting back from it! Exactly what you put into it, Nothing! :(

Now you hate what is happening and want something done about it, but hey, "Its not YOUR responsibility!" :mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back