Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How hard it is to follow one's own advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go sit on the toilet! ;)
My phone rings every time when I do! :mad:
I think they are connected in some way. :D

I've already taken my morning constitutional. Or 'office hours' as we used to refer to them in college. So no phone calls on the toilet for me.

I want to go to the range and pop off some rounds to release the tension, but I also don't want to get the phone call while I'm at a gun range. "Hold on, I have to step away from the firing line so I can hear you.". Probably not the best way to answer the phone.

So I am looking at shotguns on the internet. The place the job is at, let's just say the first things I am buying are a shotgun and a generator.

Last edited:
...sitting here...staring at phone...waiting for a call about a job....

Sigh.

Could be like watching the water boil or if you wash your car.

tcmtech said:
Go sit on the toilet!
My phone rings every time when I do!
I think they are connected in some way.

I'll make a note of that............::Writing::.......

Note to self never use downy for a notepad. :rolleyes:

kv:)

Last edited:
Well, it's seven minutes after close of business hours, and still no call. I think I am OK for today. Time to watch some College World Series baseball tonight and pick up my little brother at the airport tonight.

I still haven't found a shotgun I like yet. If only Benelli would make the M2 Tactical with a longer magazine tube and a lower price. And I love how they tout their recoil operated system as the best in the world, and yet when they make the M4 for the marines they use a gas system. Interesting.

Last edited:
Well, it's seven minutes after close of business hours, and still no call. I think I am OK for today. Time to watch some College World Series baseball tonight and pick up my little brother at the airport tonight.

I still haven't found a shotgun I like yet. If only Benelli would make the M2 Tactical with a longer magazine tube and a lower price. And I love how they tout their recoil operated system as the best in the world, and yet when they make the M4 for the marines they use a gas system. Interesting.

Funny I just saw the M26 it's a combo shotgun and rifle I think it might be one of the newer M16 modified version but I don't remember.

I like some of the Benelli youtube stuff this guy is shooting everything out of the air. He's just throwing the pigeons out with his hand and gets them before they hit the ground.

kv

Yeah, their demonstration shooters are phenomenal. I wonder what shape their shoulders are in after a few years of that though :eek:

For the generator I am thinking just a 2KVA unit from Honda for $1k MSRP. I really have no idea what's good in the world of generators, so I have to go do some research.

This job I'm waiting to hear about is on the Texas coastline, and my buddy who lives down there went two weeks without power after a hurricane. Said it was pretty scary, and it wasn't even near as bad as Katrina. Hence the shotgun and generator shopping beforehand. And honestly I just want a cool shotgun.

Last edited:
Yeah, their demonstration shooters are phenomenal. I wonder what shape their shoulders are in after a few years of that though :eek:

For the generator I am thinking just a 2KVA unit from Honda for $1k MSRP. I really have no idea what's good in the world of generators, so I have to go do some research.

This job I'm waiting to hear about is on the Texas coastline, and my buddy who lives down there went two weeks without power after a hurricane. Said it was pretty scary, and it wasn't even near as bad as Katrina. Hence the shotgun and generator shopping beforehand. And honestly I just want a cool shotgun.

I know about the gun thing makes your teeth hurt when your after a certain one. Problem with me I'm way to picky and way to poor to spend on guns. Besides I always have opportunity to shoot anything I want. Guns or Boats seems like everybody's got one and the good part is they always wanna share. Some stuff is just to expensive to shoot anyways.

Go check out the door buster M26. Plus the H&k17a is a big winner. That's the one I want.

Marines have it but, not all of them their just begging to get more I think their still to new.

kv

Right now I'm shooting my brother's almost 30 year old Smith and Wesson model 1000 12 gauge semi auto. It's a skeet gun though, gas operated and 28" barrel doesn't make for an ideal social work gun. It needs a cleaning, had light primer strikes three times always on the second round last time I took it out. Not the kinda thing I'd like to depend on to save my ass :) But fun nonetheless.

I also try to shoot only calibers adopted by military and/or police units. 9mm is a whole crapload cheaper to shoot than .357 Sig or something silly like that.

Last edited:
"social work gun" Sounds like an interesting expression but I guess I could use a clue what it means. ;)

Lefty

Slang for self defense. Since you'd only ever be shooting someone that's trying to kill you, you're cleaning up the streets by offing the creep. Aka 'social work'. Probably a uniquely US term. You guys over in California probably have enough in public spending you have a legitimate social work network in place :)

If you stroll over to https://thehighroad.org/ and glance at the title for the shotgun sub-forum you'll see it used in proper context. That's where I first heard it and I took a shine to it.

Last edited:
You guys over in California probably have enough in public spending you have a legitimate social work network in place :)

I guess you have not seen Arnold's latest budget cuts. Almost all the science classes at my college are impacted and almost impossible to get due to downsizing of class offerings. For the second semester in a row I have been unable to get into a class that I need to move on, as it immediately gets filled by priority registration students namely EOPS students. Grrr.

I do not think California has been exempt from this economic crunch at all.

Oh I definitely believe the current economic conditions have hit you guys harder than it has us here in Texas, but I would also think that historically you've had more progressive social 'safety network' policies than we have here in Texas.

But politics aside....

Day 3 of waiting. Sleeping in this morning made things go faster. Maybe I'll just reverse my day/night schedule and hope the phone wakes me up when they call. I think that would be easier than sitting by the phone during business hours.

You know, TI is full of it when they claim specs for their DCR02 series of isolated 2W DC/DC converters. I need to test it with a load, but unloaded there is a big noise spike every 800kHz. And it's on the order of a volt in amplitude, though it only lasts for <100ns or so. Looks almost like a cosine burst envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back