Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How easy is it to remove power supply enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of its enclosure may be required to keep the RFI down to a low level. Remove any of the shielding, and you may get lots of radiated RF noise from the circuits.
That said, anything is possible. The datasheet shows screw holes for the screened part, so one assumes it can be removed for things like servicing.

Try the two screws highlighted below:

1643927457402.png

Also beware that transistors etc may use the case as a heat sink.

If you have no luck with the screws, careful use of an angle grinder will surely do the job.

JimB

I know they say there are no stupid questions... but really, do you think the case is welded, glued, tied with zip ties and held by evil gnomes all at the same time? Would be kind of hard to assemble in the factory wouldn't it..

If this is in relation to your other thread. Note that supply output voltage is FROM 15V.

Mike.

Also the ones I have encountered have disc decoupling/suppression capacitors from the NEG side to the case connection through the mounting screws.

It’s two screws to open the case and another couple to remove the base. You’ll need to provide heatsinks for transistors since they use the case to stay cool. I see no reason to do any of this though. Either get an open frame model or leave the case intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back