Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do you solder smd leds??

Status
Not open for further replies.
actualy chaps i did this thread when i first joined! so about 2 years ago :D, might as well give an update tho lol, i tried all the methods sugested some worked some didnt work as well, i watched all the you tube vids, some were very very good some were awful,
i upgraded my £5 soldering iron for a £15 soldering iron and my soldering took a leap forward. fast forward 12 months from that point and i decided to invest in a soldering station with hot air rework as well... best thing i ever did!! my soldering rapidily improved, i still know very little about electronics but i can solder even TQFN's with the iron or the rework air to standard i am more than happy with.
i did strugle with eye sight untill one day i came accross a contracption on ebay, i will take a pic later as this was probaly one of my greatest top3 buys of all time ;) as for holding smd in place while soldering i found the easiest way for me was too buy sticky liquid flux! nice and simples and works a treat. however it can be pretty awful to clean off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back