Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW do YOU keep your computer working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned how to make every GUI version of windows faster than new which with time some are often >10x slower in doing some things. The Packard Bell Win95 had amazing features in spite of bad user reviews.

Now on my Asus i8-8GB tower with a 56” 1080p screen on Win8, I have free OTA TV, free HD web movies, including 500 live web TV. Channels including news and all sports, 300 applications installed to do everything from Engineering, Maintenance, entertainment with backups, 10k CD’s of music. MagicJack hub phone, HDTV tuner on router , Rii mini wireless keypads and much more.

I keep an eye on CPU tasks and have disabled every MS telemetry (ET call home) scheduled task, every Antivirus suite and has useless addon, disabled all MS updates , the Intel is Spectre-free
It goes to sleep any wakes up on its own or with a finger touch.

It does so many things simultaneously and makes lovely “Linux Mint” feel like a Mickey Mouse watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back