How do you go from low layer to high layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricity86

In my application, it vectors inturrputs to low layer files, called HALs, and i want the top layer where i write my application to know about interrupts that occur.

What are the ways to do that?

Thank you.

The main program only know about interrupts by the way the ISR(s) changes data. In short, set a global flag in the interrupt. Have the main program inspect the flag.

Thank you.
I'm not sure how to do that cause i dont have experience with work with multy files but i'll go for try&error method

Thanks.

Thank you.
I'm not sure how to do that cause i dont have experience with work with multy files but i'll go for try&error method

Thanks.
Then you need to learn how to program. Start with blinking an LED. It takes some work but is very rewarding.

3v9

It's easier to go here and learn from 1 of the best at assembly how to's And 3v0 has some real good Tutorials for c18 and boostC the link is in his post.
try&error method
Will make you give up and get mad. If you start with assembly you'll learn the most about how a chip works. It's all 1 bit at a time. Then move on to something like C. Or if you want to use the pic18f chips Swordfish basic which is what I like Swordfish is some what like C. Then basic it very good high level language. But do get a good hold on assembly first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…