Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do you get perfect pcbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pool acid is approx. 50/50 water and hydrochloric acid. Nice and cheap as well. But try to get the strongest one you can get.

50/50 will eat copper easy no problem, may even over etch.

HandyMan, that was the best PCB walkthrough I've ever seen! Do you other tutorials like this on the web? 8)

so umm Handyman what is the key ingrediant in this "gentle developer" if you wouldn't mind telling?? I know it's carbonate based but carbonate what??

evandude said:
check out my website, I have a tutorial for etching boards from start to finish using toner transfer.
https://eegeek.net/electronics/tutorials/tonertransferpcbtutorial.htm

Having just acquired myself a laser printer (for nothing! someone threw it out on the street and it works perfect!) and some photo paper, I've just tried your method and it works a charm! Previously I was using PnP - Results were alright, but the stuff is horridly expensive! I have definitely been converted.. :D

I added one slight modification to your method - to cool the board, I threw it in the freezer for about 3 minutes.

PS for anyone who is interested, the paper I used was Kodak "Everyday Picture Paper for inkjet prints" (the glossy version)

i used a laser printer and a paper in magazine. First design your pcb layout in any pcb desginer program. After designing, print it with a paper from a time magazine or newsweek. after printing, place the printout in copper side of the pcb then use a hot flat iron to transfer the circuit.

i tried this before. its good!
for better explanation try to search in google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back