How do you detect CO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sensors I am familiar with (Polytron IR CO2 made by Drager) use infrared absorption. Basically, they send a beam of infrared energy (from an IR emitter) thru the sample chamber and calculate the amount of CO2 based on the amount of infrared which gets absorbed. Here's a link: Polytron IR CO2
JB

Hi,
I didn't see a price on the Polytron, but it is a complete instrument, and I can imagine it is at least several hundred dollars. The sensors sold by futurlec are around $20. I have some on my desk, but haven't used them just yet. I think they will be easy to implement. They look and feel well made, and I'm sure will perform very well. The data sheet from futurlec is a bit simple, and I do have some more info stored somewhere here. Let me know if you use them, and I'll share what I have.
Regards,
Robert

BeeBop said:
Hi,
I didn't see a price on the Polytron, but it is a complete instrument, and I can imagine it is at least several hundred dollars.
I expect considerably more than that ... they're very proud of their instruments. Considering that a small tank of calibration gas can easily cost nearly $300US. I was using it (the Polytron IR) as an example of an IR-based detector.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…