Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I use the STM32CubeIDE and TrueAtollic Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hello everyone, I really need help in using STM32Cube IDE and TrueAtollic Studio. I have searched up and down on YouTube, and I haven't found a single good video on how to use these IDE's. I am using a STM32F030R8T6 and ST-Link V2 programmer (the image attached is exactly the one I have), there is a tutorial that uses this chip to learn ARM programming, but uses the CooCox IDE.

I made my own PCB, it is not a dev board, just converts the SMD chip to THT to plug it into a breadboard (image attached below). I would like help in getting me started to blink an LED using this MCU breakout board i have made all the way from the beginning from setting up the IDE and using the ST Link V2 programmer, with both Atomic studio and stm32cubeIDE.

If you know any good video/resource that explains how to use these IDE's clearly, please let me know. I am just a hobbyist, doing this for a project, out of passion, I would love to start using this chip to make amazing things,. It would be amazing if you could help me with this.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 54BC46E9-EA5F-40D3-919F-05A5CD121A68.JPG
    54BC46E9-EA5F-40D3-919F-05A5CD121A68.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
  • st-link-v2-programmer-for-stm8-stm32.jpg
    st-link-v2-programmer-for-stm8-stm32.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I don't know that specific device, but just a bit of info re. using adapters.

Many surface mount MCUs are very critical on the maximum PCB trace length between the IC and such as decoupling, ground plane or oscillator components.

Check the data sheet carefully, as at a minimum you may have to add some decoupling caps close to the IC itself, for it to work properly (or at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back