Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i make an automatic door opener/closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seank

any design ideas would help, i need it to work on a timer and if possible on a battery, i want it to open and close a dog house door that i converted into a hen coop, the door isnt a sliding one so normal automatic door openers for hen coops will not work, any thoughts???

Hi seank,

since the door isn't a sliding door I assume it's a hinged one.

Here is one way for a door opener/closer.

It uses a geared motor.

The attached image should be clear concerning function.

Boncuk

Attachments

• HINGED-DOOR.gif
    HINGED-DOOR.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 962
regardless of the design of the door, you must be able to use the automatic opener you mentioned with slight modification, you better let us know some more details.

Yes sorry I read it back and realised it wasn't very helpful. Well they say it's the thought that counts.

Hi seank,

running the circuit off battery power shouldn't be a problem if the door is not too heavy.

I'd think about using rechargeable batteries.

You might use a geared toy motor to drive the door for least current demand.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back