Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I find anything about this "microcomputer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: You mentioned Arduino. I'm not a fanboy of the ardweenie offerings - I know nothing about them. This in fact may be the golden goose magic socket - but I highly doubt it. Like I may be the Queen of England.

That said, this appears to be a 40 pin socket, a crystal, and just about nothing else. No micro included .. and
VCC outside enlarge 2 road, GND, as shown in figure out the needle.

Whatever the hell that is.

FWIW, the IDE these days is worth far more than the actual hardware - and I see none offered.

IMO, this is worth exactly seventy cents with free shipping and nothing more.

""4. Support chips: STC89C52 STC12C5A60S2 STC11/10 x series of AT89S52 and compatible with the chip pins of the chip""

Those are single-chip microcontrollers. The 89C52 probably was derived from older Intel products. Data for all of the listed parts are all over the innergoogle.

I have not read any of the datasheets, so this is a guess:

The 11 MHz clock suggests that the chip has an internal RS-232 format serial port (without the drivers and receivers), but there is nothing on the board for on-board programming. You write and debug the code on a development system, then use a device programmer to transfer the compiled code to the chip, then plug the chip into this board.

ak

Oh, I see.

Thanks for replying! The price of this product seemed suspicious. Guessing they mentioned "support chips" so newbies like me would think there actually is a chip on the board...

It's just a breakout board for 8051-derivative microcontrollers with a crystal, bypass caps and an LED. It provides the very basics to get the chip running with headers to access all the pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back