Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i connect this sensor to my person counter circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvarblade

i have given a picture of the pin configuration of a optical mouse sensor. i need to connect the o/p (high or a low) to a counter so how to i connect it to the ic(and gate in this case). what about the other pins except supply. do i need to ground them or let them be just there or what??and i am using a 4516 for my updown counter is it k?

Attachments

• mousesensor.JPG
    mousesensor.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 326
It's designed to connect to a processor, you're probably going to struggle using simple logic chips?.

You would need to connect ALL the pins, as required by the datasheet, none of them are unused.

The serial interface is the problem it could be SPI or I2C or USB, as it clocks serial data out there is no simple way of just hooking up a counter. 1 interruption will send 8bits?(example only) and 2 interruptions will send 8bits, it's the coding in the bits that tells the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back