Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i connect a 74hc14

Status
Not open for further replies.

dih

i saw a circuit diagram for a 1.5v LED flasher.. it has a 74hc14 connected in this way.. how do i connect the pins?

Attachments

• 74hc14.GIF
    74hc14.GIF
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,812
dih said:
i saw a circuit diagram for a 1.5v LED flasher.. it has a 74hc14 connected in this way.. how do i connect the pins?

hi,
The 1uF cap goes to pin #1 and 1K to pin #2

There are 6 gates in the 74HC14
In 1, out 2
In 3, out 4
In 5, out 6
In 13, out 12
In 11, out 10
In 9, out 8

EDITED: The logic supply +V, is connected to pin 14 and the logic 0V/Common to pin 7

Download the 74HC14 datasheet from: www.datasheetarchive.com

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
You should have told him to look at the datasheet for the 74HC14 pins.
He might need to look at it anyway to see the power supply pins.

audioguru said:
Hi Eric,
You should have told him to look at the datasheet for the 74HC14 pins.
He might need to look at it anyway to see the power supply pins.

Yes I should, an oversight on my part.. I will edit post.

thanks... does it means i need to supply the ic with at least 2v so that it works? without it, the ic wont work huh? damn... i wanted to make a small 1.5v button battery LED flasher.. anyway thanks.. appreciate all the help..

dih said:
thanks... does it means i need to supply the ic with at least 2v so that it works? without it, the ic wont work huh? damn... i wanted to make a small 1.5v button battery LED flasher.. anyway thanks.. appreciate all the help..

hi,
The HC range of ic's work from a supply voltage from +2V thru +6v

Your LED forward voltage drop if its a RED led, can be 1.5V or 2v typical, it depends upon the type.

The LED requires a current of about 10 to 20mA.

Get the discharge data curves for a button cell from the web.

I have some circuits with 74HC14 ICs working with a supply voltage of 1.25V and they might work with a lower supply voltage.

Your circuit nearly doubles the supply voltage to blink the LED.

audioguru said:
I have some circuits with 74HC14 ICs working with a supply voltage of 1.25V and they might work with a lower supply voltage.

Your circuit nearly doubles the supply voltage to blink the LED.

Exactly! Others may read about it here: **broken link removed**

Scroll down a bit for 1.5V Flasher Circuits

A button battery cell doesn't have much current or capacity. It will power the circuit to blink the LED dimly for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back