how do i connect a 74hc14

Status
Not open for further replies.

dih

i saw a circuit diagram for a 1.5v LED flasher.. it has a 74hc14 connected in this way.. how do i connect the pins?

Attachments

• 74hc14.GIF
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,814
dih said:
i saw a circuit diagram for a 1.5v LED flasher.. it has a 74hc14 connected in this way.. how do i connect the pins?

hi,
The 1uF cap goes to pin #1 and 1K to pin #2

There are 6 gates in the 74HC14
In 1, out 2
In 3, out 4
In 5, out 6
In 13, out 12
In 11, out 10
In 9, out 8

EDITED: The logic supply +V, is connected to pin 14 and the logic 0V/Common to pin 7

Download the 74HC14 datasheet from: www.datasheetarchive.com

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
You should have told him to look at the datasheet for the 74HC14 pins.
He might need to look at it anyway to see the power supply pins.

audioguru said:
Hi Eric,
You should have told him to look at the datasheet for the 74HC14 pins.
He might need to look at it anyway to see the power supply pins.

Yes I should, an oversight on my part.. I will edit post.

thanks... does it means i need to supply the ic with at least 2v so that it works? without it, the ic wont work huh? damn... i wanted to make a small 1.5v button battery LED flasher.. anyway thanks.. appreciate all the help..

dih said:
thanks... does it means i need to supply the ic with at least 2v so that it works? without it, the ic wont work huh? damn... i wanted to make a small 1.5v button battery LED flasher.. anyway thanks.. appreciate all the help..

hi,
The HC range of ic's work from a supply voltage from +2V thru +6v

Your LED forward voltage drop if its a RED led, can be 1.5V or 2v typical, it depends upon the type.

The LED requires a current of about 10 to 20mA.

Get the discharge data curves for a button cell from the web.

I have some circuits with 74HC14 ICs working with a supply voltage of 1.25V and they might work with a lower supply voltage.

Your circuit nearly doubles the supply voltage to blink the LED.

audioguru said:
I have some circuits with 74HC14 ICs working with a supply voltage of 1.25V and they might work with a lower supply voltage.

Your circuit nearly doubles the supply voltage to blink the LED.

Exactly! Others may read about it here: **broken link removed**

Scroll down a bit for 1.5V Flasher Circuits

A button battery cell doesn't have much current or capacity. It will power the circuit to blink the LED dimly for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…