Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do i build a vibrant shocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas76676

Hey guys,
I am doing an investigation for my science class, testing the effects of vibrations on water. Do you guys have any ideas what i could do to build the shocker. It would be perfect if the shocker worked using batteries. It would be sooo nice of you if you could post a schematic of a shocker. You guys alreaddy helped me many times and I hope that you will also in this case.
Thanks in advance,
Thomas

If small

Hola Thomas,

If what you need is of small size, have you considered to get the small motor used in the pager and mobiles phones that creates the vibrating effect?

My two cents.

Buena suerte

Agustín Tomás

thats a pretty good idea, to be able to do that though, will i have to rip a pager or phone appart or can i buy just the motor?
cheers,
Thomas

Thanks for the help. Are there any other possibilities, just in case the electronics store i go to doesnt sell any.
cheers
Thomas

thomas76676 said:
Thanks for the help. Are there any other possibilities, just in case the electronics store i go to doesnt sell any.

Try looking on sites that sell parts for robots, pager motors are often used in small robots, particularly BEAM robots.

If you still cannot find such a motor, use a normal motor with a weight attached to the shaft. The weight should be fixed in such a way that the shaft does not passes through the center of the weight.

If you want to vibrate the water, why not use a lady's battery powered vibrator, I mean "massager" he, he from an adult store. Leave it in its original shape for a real shock to the class!

Hiya Thomas,
I reckon just using a simple DC motor like 1 in those cheap R/c cars and put an offset counter weight on it. We have a vibrating bouncer for our baby which uses 1 D cell battery and works for ages.
Oh and Audio over in Oz we dont call them vibrators we call them BOB -Battery Operated Boyfriend's ( I got that off the wife )

thanks guys, i think that ill use a cheap rc motor. hopefully it will work. oh and audioguro: i really liked ur suggestion. My teacher might be interested in one of those :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back