Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can this be? Li-Ion brought back from 0.1v to full power and working strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doris Swanson

Suddenly got the batteries I had kept in my drawer for a long time, I needed to change the batteries in my TV remote today. But it's horrible, most of the batteries have rusted and the rest of them have become 0V, I am not sure if they died? so far it looks like the batteries won't charge, it's really bad. Got this video on youtube: How to recover rechargeable batteries that won't charge in a smart charger
. But a charger to assist: https://www.eblofficial.com/products/ smart-battery-charger2605. it takes time to wait for a charger, is there any easier way to recommend?

For a start you can't use Li-Ion in TV remotes, because they are the wrong voltage, and will destroy the remote. Your video doesn't work, but it sounds like it's a protected Li-Ion battery, and the protection circuit had triggered - which un-triggers when you try and charge it.

But you shouldn't use rechargeable batteries in remotes anyway, even the older ones are the wrong voltage (too low) so they have a far shorter life.

Use good quality Alkaline ones (not Duracell, they went completely crap many years ago, and now leak badly), some members here suggest Energiser? - I use Pro-Elec ones from CPC, which seem perfectly fine, even though they are low cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back