Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can Idrive 12vdc @6a from 4093b

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerty

I'm trying to make a set of solid state wig wag headlights (alternating on/off from side to side) I'm using a 4093 oscillator to get the offset outputs but can't figure how to drive a transistor hard enough to get full brightness..I'm presently using a 555 with mechanical relay but the relay life is not too long...Thanks

I spoke too soon..The switch must be in the pos rail, otherwise the high beams won't work under normal conditions..I made up a circuit with the FET and it worked perfectly, but if I disconnect the neg to the headlight and replace it with the switch I'll lose normal function of the high beam..Would there be a problem using a N -channel on the pos rail?
I would like to stay with the N-channel because the gate voltage I'm using is pos ..and all the boards I have made up for the trucks are the same, I was planning on replacing the mechanical relay with FETS...
Thanks again

Maybe this help...

Attachments

• PFETswitch.GIF
    PFETswitch.GIF
    2.6 KB · Views: 771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back