how can i use "#include" in MicroC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

hi,

in MicroC compiler, i have a challenge with "#include".

i want to add one file to my main programs. my files are: main.c, ds1307.c .
i added ds1307.c file in main.c file with include:

#include "ds1307.c"

but after that i click build, cpp.err appeared with this purporst:
Code:
e:/mikroelektronika/mikroc v8.0/usser/project1/main.c:2: error: Can't open include file "ds1307.c"
    #include "ds1307.c"
    from e:/mikroelektronika/mikroc v8.0/usser/project1/ds1307.c: 1:    #include "main.c"
    from e:/mikroelektronika/mikroc v8.0/usser/project1/main.c: 2:    #include "ds1307.c"
    from e.......

i add ds1307.c to C Files in Project Summary.

how can i solve this problem?

i added ds1307.c file in main.c file with include:
It looks like you also have a #include "main.c" in the file ds1307.c which is a big no-no because you have created a infinite recursive loop. Remove the #include "main.c" statement from the file ds1307.c

another question,
i have a lot of variables that common between two files. i want to Declare those as global variable. how and where i must declare these variables?

I'm not familiar with MicroC, so I'd left the answer to others.
In C, one way to use global variables is to declare them in a separate file called globals.c and then use the extern keyword in header files to give main.c etc access to them. A quick Google turned up this:
Learn C++ - » 4.2 — Global variables

you can declare all variables in main.c before you do any #include

so for eg
Code:
char g1,g2,g3,g4;
int g5,g6,g7,g8;

#include "something.c"
#include "somethingelse.c"
#include "else.c"

void main(){
}

that will work in some C compilers (CCS for example), as for mikroC i believe you have to use "extern" keyword

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…