Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make a small RF tracking device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use a very high microwave frequency then a directional antenna might fit in your pocket. When you swing it around it will give maximum signal when pointing in the direction of the transmitter, and "something" can guess at the distance.

I don't know where you will find a microwave transmitter and receiver. I don't know the amount of time a small battery in the transmitter and receiver will last.

Would a small radio transmitter work with a directional antenna? And if that would work how would I make a directional antenna for a radio?

Last edited:
A ferrite bar or "loop" antenna for an AM radio is directional in two directions.
A Yagi antenna for an FM radio is fairly large (about 1m squared) but is directional in one direction.

You could be better off using a small GPS receiver then sending the coordinates via a low frequency transmitter to a modern smartphone. Are you looking for a model aeroplane/rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back