Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i control this stepper motor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertzeng

Now, i happen to design a winding machine using some old instruments.I have a DC motor and a stepper motor.what's more, i must control the distance between each coil, so i use a stepper motor to feed and DC motor to wind.Then, the two motors must cooperate with each other, that's to say, DC motor rotate once, stepper motor has to feed a certain distance, and i use a speed sensor too.
The question is how can i control the stepper motor, and i don't know what kind of speed sensor is proper, how to use the singal from the speed sensor to control the stepper motor.

Attachments

• block.gif
    block.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
It depends of type stepper. Whitout providing more details this is the help ypu got.

The speed censor must be of type tachometer, but you must feed the output signal to the µcontroller directly rather than convert it to DC voltage.

I have planned to use a two phase , bipolar hybrid stepper motor. I greatly care what i should measure from the pulse singal of the speed sensors so as to control the stepper motor, what's more, the DC motor and the stepper motor can cooperate well.

i must control the distance between each coil, so i use a stepper motor to feed and DC motor to wind
This is the very source of problem I think. If you draw a simple drawing I might understant how you're going to mount your stepper. Will there be control of angle or do you want to control distance?

Are you going to use two cogwheels or you going to use a rack and pinion solution?

As stated before - to measure movement of DC motor you need a tachometer to it's main drive shaft. Unfortunately I doesn't know the name of the plate with holes around it's outer edge. And you of course need an optical censor.

Here's a general solution:
1 - Make a basic circuit for moving the stepper fourth and back.
2 - Count cycles from start position to end position.
Now, the distance the stepper will go will be:
distance = total_length * current number of cycles / number of cycles between start and end position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back