Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how about an rss feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I was just wondering if there are any plans for an Electro-Tech-Online RSS feed? I think that would be quite handy!

Maybe an rss feed that gives you all new posts since your last login?

What's wrong with clicking on "New Posts"?

Nothing, but it has to be done by hand. I want to add electro-tech to my rss list, which is displayed on my LCD (2x40), which is connected to my parallel port. That way i can be notified when there is a new post in a thread i am subscribed to. Just some simple programming. ;)

The only bad thing is the fact that the program i wrote is for windows, not linux. So, if i get the absolute need for it, i will just have to learn how to program for linux!

wow. i am an idiot. :(

Yup. sure enough. there IS an rss feed... :( :( :( :D

Ok, i admit stupidity. Thanks omar :eek:

Not a problem! Happens to the best of us!
By the way, that idea is pretty cool.

I know you're the uber electronics/technology guy so you probably would resort to programming your own software for it, but now that I think of it-- most of those LCD softwares (for parallel port connected LCD modules) have an RSS feature (to automatically grab a feed and display contents).

That might save you time, no?
-Omar
P.S. You know you're an Electro-Tech addict when...

lol. yeah. Actually i made my lcd module thingy a while ago, just to see if i could. then if found some rss sample code, and just slapped it in (to see if i could). I used Visual Basic 2005 express. Now i have to learn c or java...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back