how about an rss feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I was just wondering if there are any plans for an Electro-Tech-Online RSS feed? I think that would be quite handy!

Maybe an rss feed that gives you all new posts since your last login?

Nothing, but it has to be done by hand. I want to add electro-tech to my rss list, which is displayed on my LCD (2x40), which is connected to my parallel port. That way i can be notified when there is a new post in a thread i am subscribed to. Just some simple programming.

The only bad thing is the fact that the program i wrote is for windows, not linux. So, if i get the absolute need for it, i will just have to learn how to program for linux!

wow. i am an idiot.

Yup. sure enough. there IS an rss feed...

Ok, i admit stupidity. Thanks omar

Not a problem! Happens to the best of us!
By the way, that idea is pretty cool.

I know you're the uber electronics/technology guy so you probably would resort to programming your own software for it, but now that I think of it-- most of those LCD softwares (for parallel port connected LCD modules) have an RSS feature (to automatically grab a feed and display contents).

That might save you time, no?
-Omar
P.S. You know you're an Electro-Tech addict when...

lol. yeah. Actually i made my lcd module thingy a while ago, just to see if i could. then if found some rss sample code, and just slapped it in (to see if i could). I used Visual Basic 2005 express. Now i have to learn c or java...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…