Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

House wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
i am plan to wire and extension box for my microwave oven. i bought a 15 amp extension box with a 3pin socket,switch, Fuse and Indicator. I dont know how to wire internally.

Here are my assumptions
Earth wire goes to the third pin of the socket
Neutral wire goes to left pin of the socket
Phase goes to switch->fuse->indicator->right pin of the socket.

Is this sequence is correct? Is the phase should always connect to the right pin?

Is there any site for the Indian Electrical Wiring, where i can find the diagrams and standards for indian house wiring?

I am living in Bangalore, India

Thanks,
Mani

Just connect L (live) to the circuit breaker and from there to the L-terminal of the socket.

Connect N (neutral) to the N-terminal and PE (protective earth) to the PE-terminal.

That's it.

Boncuk

Attaching the photo of junction box. Please let me know,if it is this correct?
housewiring-jpg.51473

Attachments

• housewiring.jpg
    housewiring.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 14,061
What wattage is your microwave? 15A circuit may not be large enough. For example, if the microwave iw 2000W, and your mains voltage is 120V, then you have over 16A flowing through your circuit. You might want a little margin too.

The mains power in India is 230 or 240 V (I'm not sure which) at 50 Hz. The round pin plugs like that were standard in the UK until about 1960.

A 2 kW microwave on 230 V is far less than 15 A.

A 2 kW microwave on 230 V is far less than 15 A.

It is but you also have to consider that most microwave ovens have little to no power factor correction so even though it may draw around 2000 watts its VA rating could still be closer to 3000 give or take which then makes the 15 amp circuit more likely to be the proper size and capacity.

It is but you also have to consider that most microwave ovens have little to no power factor correction so even though it may draw around 2000 watts its VA rating could still be closer to 3000 give or take which then makes the 15 amp circuit more likely to be the proper size and capacity.

True, but the OP has a choice of 15 A or 5 A circuits. In fact, the smaller socket holes just below the main socket holes, are for a 5 A plug for smaller appliances. I didn't mean to imply that 15 A was the wrong choice of circuit. I only meant to say that 15 A could easily handle a microwave oven. 5 A would have been too small.

Thanks Driver300....It is working. I have done the wiring.
In India there is two option available 5A and 15A. The microwave oven will work 5A also but for safety we are connecting to 15A.

hi, i m new in this section,
i want to wiring one bulb with switch and 15amp switchboard for microwave and two 5amp plug and switch for jucermixer
so i m new so plz suggest how to wiring.
if it is possible then show me how to connect with pic.

hi can anyone guide me to wire this extention
20160623_015639.jpg

FEBIN, you already have a thread on this subject, don't hijack this one.
This thread is now closed.

MODERATOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back