Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hooking up computer to my flat screen tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccerluvr

I got the dvi hmdi cord which was male to male but i ended up buying a a female adapter to the male end of the dvi,I switched the input on tv to hmdi 1,the screen says no signal,so i went ol to figure out what I need to do,alot of people said to change the screen display and press fn + f8,some said f6 or f7 i did still nothing,I need help what am i doing wrong. I really would love to enjoy watching tv shows from computer on my flat screen tv.
Thanx

It worked for me on Win 7 out of the box when I went through a HDMI to Composite video adapter. You do have to set Windows up to use the display sometimes. The only possible trouble I had was that the adapter detected the HDMI settings when the HDMI plug was plugged in, but I'm not sure. I've done it only a few times. The HDMI box doesn't have a power switch.

I had a much harder time getting XP to work when I had S-video out.

Not all laptops/desktops are the same and may use different function keys. If you let us know the computer model and operating system it might be a lot easier for someone to identify the proper configuration.

You may even have to go to Start-->Control Panel-->Display and change the settings there. Not sure about it, but you should be able to do there whatever you'd be able to do with fn keys, plus some.

I have 2 desktops both are emachines one with xp the other well it use to be vista but a friends cousin replaced it with windows 7 which was only a trial so now i have nothing really he was suppose to back up my files on disks and none of them worked.but i guess it still has runs like window 7 but not all components cause it say I don't have a genuin windows,but i dont think that really matters,i tried the display it still says no signal i dont freaking get it

ok, try to right click on the desktop, then select screen resolution, then a window will pop up. Under the Multiple display select extend these displays, like I have it. I have two 27" LED TV and both work ok like this. see the picture I attached. Make sure that you have the display set for PC, VGA etc, not hdmi, you are using different video protocol, not hdmi, unless you are using a hdmi cable, that might be your problem.

Attachments

• desktop.png
    desktop.png
    671.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back