Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hood ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
Agent 009 said:
Euh, as I thought, the Jacob's Ladder looks like a "local" term... I'm having a hard time finding it using google :? :roll: ...

Not at all, a google for "jacobs ladder" finds 142,000 hits!. The one at the top of the page explains all you need to know!.
Haha, very funny fact: my problem was the apostrophy :? :lol: ... It was directing me to non-related websites... When I took it off, it found the horror-like moives stuff... Pretty cool, actually...

hi,
does it need to be dc or ac to work? i want to do this project as well (not on a hood of a car though) will a flyback ttransformer out of a computer moniter work.

thanks, daniel.

a flyback transformer is like any other transformer exept it has something in it that makes the seconary coil spike insted of a continues output (hence the name "flyback") it is used in tv's and computer moniters to get the 30Kv needed to get the radiation. i hope this is right :oops: but i don't know much about them.

zachtheterrible said:
JimB said:
Zack!

Elsewhere you were wanting to cure the ignition noise etc on your CB.
What the hell do you think this would sound like!

JimB

Ha ha! yup, very true :lol: i wasnt actually serious about doing it. You know what is odd? There is a fry's electronics store right by where I live and out in the front they have two MASSIVE jacob's ladders (50ft tall) with an arc that stretches about 3 or 4 ft. Funny thing is, they have no faraday cage on it! Its just encased in glass that is tinted, maybe to keep UV from getting out or something. Hmm, maybe it is lead lined glass.

Same as the frys by my house they also have something else in there that is crazy but I forgot what it is

Roboticinfo said:
Same as the frys by my house they also have something else in there that is crazy but I forgot what it is
It was you when you were there. :lol:

You don't like my jokes about USA?
Tonight's American news reported that a lot of the looting in evacuated New Orleans after the hurricane was done by their cops.
They stole a generator and fridge from a hospital to keep their stolen beer cool. They got plenty of Rolex watches and other expensive stuff.
It is not a joke! (but I am still laughing)

Mastermind

Someone Electro said:
But they will also have to steal some fuel for the generatoir from time to time.
They were seen and reported to the highest authority - rest assured.

Attachments

• genius.jpg
    genius.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 286
Busy guy this prezident of yours...

lmao like da pic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back