Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homebrew PTZ camera platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayterl

I'm looking for some direction in the following project.
I have built and use a homebrew camera platform using PWM signals direct to the platform. This is simple R/C control. This works fine but is limited to at-home use. The platform is driven by two hobby type servos.
I would like to control the camera remotely via internet/intranet using the capability of my DVR.
The DVR is a stand alone 4-camera unit. Q-See QSD-6204
This unit is capable of outputing Pelco instructions to a remote camera via a 2-wire bus.
I do not need to send commands since this would be handled by the DVR. The commands are available at the DVR camera control connector. Two wire +/- RS485 connector.
My interest is in taking this serial output from the DVR and using it to drive the homebuilt camera platform.
Essentially I need to convert the individul commands for (Tilt-Up, Tilt-Down, Pan-Left and Pan-Right) into drive signals at the camera end. (Bit 1, 2, 3 & 4 of Pelco Command 2)
I may also need to provide ID at the camera end, (Byte 2 (Address) of Pelco.) as well as data words for the speeds, although this data could work sufficiently in a fixed state. These could probably be handled with dip switches.
I was also wondering if I could use the signals from the DVR in an Unproto way of if I would have to build a full Proto connection.

Any startup advise or direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am fairly new to PIC.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back