Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home surveillance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy

Hi guys

I have the following project:
I have a room with 2 windows and a door and need to assemble a sophisticated alarm for it. I have magnetic sensors for the door, GSM commander and a Siemens Logo PLC. I need to get 2 PIR's, a control panel and keypad. Should there be an intrusion, the timer must be activated and in 15s should the correct code at the keypad not be inserted then the alarm will sound. That alarm will then also send the sms to 5 different users. You should then be able to deactivate the alarm by either the keypad, sms or remote. I need a ladder logic program for the plc and I need to know how to wire everything together.

If anyone can help, I am really desparate,:confused:

My profile indicates I am a newbie too, but I used to post on this site and others quite regularly and speaking from that perspective I know that site users aren't keen on doing someone's school projects at the last minute for them. It isn't as if this site is networked to a bunch of people sitting and waiting for that kind of thing.

Having said that, and I certainly didn't mean to sound rude and perhaps you have an urgent security matter that requires a McGyver security system installed tonight? If that is the case we wouldn't want you feeling unsafe (kidding).

What part of this exactly is hanging you up? I think everyone would like to see evidence that you have gotten most of the work done yourself.

An aside, I am not going to be the one to help you anyway, because its been years since I programmed a PLC and it was for industrial work, not home security. Principles are the same, and ladder logic is universal, but I am not sure I can visualize the sequences you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back