Home network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Wired HP laser printer was finicky. I could access the printer webpage. I could print a test page. Most of the time, printing document ending in "processing".

Some time ago, I had some issues, so I ran another piece (50 feet) of cable haphazzardly and it worked for a while.

Today, I connected my first connection to a CAT6 patch panel I mounted eons ago along with two reels of 250' of CAT6 in two colors.

I have a small 5 port gigabit switch and say an 8 port hub. It's supposed to be replaced with a 24 port L2 managed POE switch.

The cables I had were 2 pair used for 10baseT at work. When they ripped them out, I took some cables home. When we upgraded to 100baseT, they ripped out the cables. Now I know why.

Speedtest got significantly better. I might even now ask to see if they can raise it, but I should probably wait until after I replace the 40'cable from the dSL modem to the WAN port of the router.

The job is no where near done, but I got significant improvement. Pings to the printer improved a lot. Now most are less than 1.5ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…