Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Wired HP laser printer was finicky. I could access the printer webpage. I could print a test page. Most of the time, printing document ending in "processing".

Some time ago, I had some issues, so I ran another piece (50 feet) of cable haphazzardly and it worked for a while.

Today, I connected my first connection to a CAT6 patch panel I mounted eons ago along with two reels of 250' of CAT6 in two colors.

I have a small 5 port gigabit switch and say an 8 port hub. It's supposed to be replaced with a 24 port L2 managed POE switch.

The cables I had were 2 pair used for 10baseT at work. When they ripped them out, I took some cables home. When we upgraded to 100baseT, they ripped out the cables. Now I know why.

Speedtest got significantly better. I might even now ask to see if they can raise it, but I should probably wait until after I replace the 40'cable from the dSL modem to the WAN port of the router.

The job is no where near done, but I got significant improvement. Pings to the printer improved a lot. Now most are less than 1.5ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back