Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a project for school about automating your home. I need to try to automate a few things in my house. Any ideas on what to automate and how to do it?

you could try to automate the porch lighting by using ldr circuit and also
automatic plant watering by using a water condesate sensor,

electric noob 71 said:
I am doing a project for school about automating your home. I need to try to automate a few things in my house. Any ideas on what to automate and how to do it?

my tech thesis to graduate university was home automation....we had a security system, heating, cooling and lighting.

all was done realisticly because we used relays and actually used 120v lights, heaters, etc....we didn't just use like 5v lights and run them from the data acquisition card.....instructors said thats why we got 95% :D

if ya got any questions, just let me know

Nick

you can try some presence sensors for some rooms wich you are sure that you have no light, so it will turn them on automaticly.you can use a PIR or an inductive sensor...
automatic light at dark fall is something useful, already mentioned....
watering plants, cooling when it gets too hot....
maybe even interface some stuff with the computer and control them, also do stuff like reading temperature.....
also something else interesting a rain detector...you might leave some stuff out that doesnt like water that much, also this might come with a storm detector and a distance to storm mesurement....
ill see what i can think of....

Sceptre said:
electric noob 71 said:

my tech thesis to graduate university was home automation....we had a security system, heating, cooling and lighting.

all was done realisticly because we used relays and actually used 120v lights, heaters, etc....we didn't just use like 5v lights and run them from the data acquisition card.....instructors said thats why we got 95% :D

if ya got any questions, just let me know

Nick

Can I know more about the thesis that you have done? I need to construct a title for myself for my final year project.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back