Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cefer

Hello

With my little or no knowledge, I'm trying to make a 'home alarm'

I have as goals the following characteristics:

A) 220 volts and 12 volts battery
2) Press activation (for example, if a door is opened, the alarm is still active even if the door is closed again)
3) Delay on / off
4) Panic zone
5) Panic button
6) Reset switch
7) Multiple zones - expandable
8) That after a few minutes (20 for example) the alarm stops
9) ability to connect several sirens
10) Multiple sirens
11) What if someone takes a siren, the alarm run
12) What if someone takes the alarm, the siren will continue sounding (a module into each siren?)

For now, with some of these features, this is the first 'draft'

Opinions? Can anyone help me converting 'relays' to transistors?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• alarma1.jpg
    alarma1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 162
hi,
i would suggest Logic IC's would be a better solution than transistors, especially for the timing functions.

Domestic alarm panels are mass produced it may cost more to make one than buy
one a 8 zone pannel do all you need about £30 if you go along with you own design
Make sure the det zones are seperate if you loop 5 or 6 together if you get a faulty det
its neer imposible to tell which is the faulty as the fault will only be momentry. Cut off timers are
a must both at the pannel and at each sounder max run time 20 min or you can get fined for noise polution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back