Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hmm what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wire coming from pin #7 is wrong - it should connect to 2 resistors instead of one.

I think you have wired 555 in monostable mode or you are missing something. The circuit seems ok except that you have not connected a capacitor of 0.01uF between pin 5 and ground which prevents spurious triggering of 555 due to noise.

hahaha i am retarded. i had R2 connected to 8 instead of 7.

sorry for bothering you with this sillyness :)

kinaljp, maybe i'm just lucky, but i've done several things like this without the cap on pin 5 and i've not seen a problem....

bogdanfirst said:
the cap on pin 5 is for frequency compensation....
use it only on highter frequencies
Pin 5 is made available so that you can externally modify (for a variety of reasons) the potential divider used by the two internal comparitors.

In almost all cases you don't need a capacitor there - you can leave it undecoupled.

just for feedback: it seems to work with a 1k resistor. duno if its because of the tolerence that it is close enough to 5, or what the deal is. just letting you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back