Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hitech c pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

hey guys im trying to find the #include file for the 16f877a and its not in the include folder. i know the 877a is no longer in use in all that but thats the best i could find at the local dealer.. is it ok if i use the 887 include file? is that backward compatible? or does anyone have the 877a include file? please help :(

hey guys im trying to find the #include file for the 16f877a and its not in the include folder. i know the 877a is no longer in use in all that but thats the best i could find at the local dealer.. is it ok if i use the 887 include file? is that backward compatible? or does anyone have the 877a include file? please help :(

The header you want, at least according to my install (and it isn't the most recent) is pic168xa.h. This covers:
* Header file for the Microchip
* PIC 16F873A chip
* PIC 16F874A chip
* PIC 16F876A chip
* PIC 16F877A chip
* Midrange Microcontroller

well my installation(both 9.71a and 9.8) doesnt have that file.. :S is there anyways you can send it?

If you include pic.h then it will select the correct file.

The relevant part being,
Code:
#if defined(_16F873A)	|| defined(_16F874A)	||\
    defined(_16F876A)	|| defined(_16F877A)
	#include	<pic168xa.h>
So, as already mentioned, the correct file is pic168xa.h

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back