Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High voltage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

Well, my prize oscilloscope (the $0.25/lb junk room special) took a fall the other day. My dog (purebred German Shepard, 90 lbs of pure puppy)tripped over the cord and it fell about 2-3 feet and landed on the CRT side of the scope. Now the CRT doesnt work, the unit powers up just fine, but no display.

I emailed Tektronics about it and they said to double check all the connections, I was just wondering how long the high voltage is stored in there for? Also, is there anything I can do to make sure the high voltage is gone (discharge anything with a resistor or something)?

It was quite a depressing day...atleast i didnt pay $400.00 for it :wink:

I would be inclined to use the dog to test fro the presence of EHT, given the circumstances!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back