Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage Capacitor charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for coming so late and so behind the lot but what intrigues me is how the LM317 works.

If I understood him right, OP says it works OK with 2.5 V at the input?

But I have proven that I am almost always wrong anyway.

I am thinking that maybe the LM limit the amps that the circuit can deliver. I may put a few LM in parallel to increase amps. Also, i will reduce the multiplier stages so more voltage would need to charge the caps thus more watts will pass through the circuit right?

I am thinking that maybe the LM limit the amps that the circuit can deliver. I may put a few LM in parallel to increase amps. Also, i will reduce the multiplier stages so more voltage would need to charge the caps thus more watts will pass through the circuit right?

Any chance that you answer my question in post #41?

I charged them to 2kv, i have 2 in series and each can handle 2kv easily.
i don't know where you got that figure from, the [datasheet] says PIV for UF4007 is 1kv, not 2kv. add a third diode (or a 4th) and that should keep you from having any diodes short on you.

Any chance that you answer my question in post #41?

The LM317 is actually an adjustable voltage regulator so i can control the output voltage

i don't know where you got that figure from, the [datasheet] says PIV for UF4007 is 1kv, not 2kv. add a third diode (or a 4th) and that should keep you from having any diodes short on you.

In voltage multiplier circuit, each diode take the divided voltage of them in total, for example if i got a 4 stage with 2kv output, each diode will take 500v

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back