Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed switching IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

norman medi

Hi
I need a high speed (GHz) switching IC. I want to electronically connect some input pins to output pins with high speed. Is anyone aware of such an IC that works at GHz range?
Regards
norman

Is that the speed of the switching, or speed of the signal? What voltage and current and frequency is the signal? What is the purpose of this switching?
Anything in this ballpark will cost a lot, 100 USD for a single chip or relay would not be uncommon.

Hello Kubeek, and thank you for your concern and reply. Actually I need to electronically connect to sets of DSL, Ethernet, USB and Docsis male and female connectors. I need a switching IC capable of doing this with GHz speed.

You still didn´t clear my question, is GHz speed the speed at which you switch between one input and another input, or the bandwidth of the signals that are being switched? And how many of those GHz exactly? 10 GHz is significantly different to 1GHz.
DSL and Ethernet should be easy with probably even an ordinary relay, as the physical layer of these is very robust. USB and Docsis might be harder to do, probably with some coaxial or reed relay, or something.

...I need a switching IC capable of doing this with GHz speed.

But you only switch modes relatively rarely, like every few ms? If so, I would look at relays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back