Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed robotic hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive. Usually robot "hands" are awkward and slow. Not this one!

SWEET! :D this puts my £30 build-it-from-parts robotic arm kit to shame. I've been working for over a month to give the arm microprocessor control, now I want to throw it out and get one of those :p

Seriously that's actually amazing :eek:

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can't buy one yet. You'd have to go to university (in Japan, or maybe MIT) and build your own. Or just start spending money and experimenting now, and in a few years... who knows?

I'd never heard of harmonic drive gears before this. More info here. Google search here. Very interesting. Price some out here.

Once again, Ishikawa Komuro Laboratory is the place.

Meh, for now I'm satisfied with slowly improving the cheap kit arm I purchased recently. At some point I'm hoping to give it more powerful motors so that it can lift heavier objects / move more quickly. But that'll probably also mean replacing carefully-shaped flimsy plastic components with equivalents in a stronger material. Which may be difficult without the equipment required to shape such parts.

Either way, needless to say the arm in that video is way out of my league :D

Looks pretty cool! :)

Either way, needless to say the arm in that video is way out of my league :D

Nah. Give you the same $$ budget they spent, and give you the same man-hours that they spent in development, and I'm sure your arm would be just as cool, mayber way cooler than theirs. :)

Never assume someone is better than you just because they invested a heap of resources in producing something specific. Unless you really believe that you COULDN'T do what they did given equivalent resources expended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back