Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed ADC - problem with minimum input voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeper1987

Hi!
I need a high speed ADC to sample pixel data from a CMOS sensor, which produces values between 0 and 3.3V. The sampling speed I need is >= 3MSPS, with a resolution of at least 10 bits.

Problem is; all the ADCs I'm looking at seem to only accept inputs between 1 and 2/3 volts. Am I reading the data sheets wrong, or can anyone suggest a good way to bias the input voltages at such high speeds?

Example datasheets:
**broken link removed**
http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/ads900

Thanks for any help.

I just took a glance at the ADC12010.

There is no miminum voltage stated in the data sheet.

Ah, looks like you're right.
I think I was confused by the wording. It says, "Analog input voltage in single ended operation", which I took to mean the measured voltage, rather than the reference.

Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back