Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High-Power Reed Switches -- Do they exist??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocktune

Hi guys,

I have a solution already (using regular power relays), but I'm also wondering if there is a company who specializes in high-power REED switches.

I'm switching a battery: +32V, -32V. Will be pulling 8+ amps on each line. Realestate is low.

Can't seem to find any company on the net who makes reed switches like this.

I never heard of reed switches in that Amp range, they usually go to 1/2 Amp or so.
If you want a sealed switch for spark suppression, you could use a mercury switch.

If size is your problem, consider that a reed switch is not much smaller than a relay by the time you add the coil or magnet to operate it.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back